Monday, August 31, 2009
Life's too short for regrets..
It's a usual Monday mornin', or so I thought.
I hastened my pace to the traffic light and stopped when I saw the green arrow (opp. my direction) signaling for cars to turn right flashing. I don't know what came over me, when the green arrow was dismissed, I walked as fast as I could to the other side of the road thinking that it's the traffic signal for my side of the road for pedestrians and cars to move.
I wasn't exactly thinking, actually.
It was more like a flash of thought.
I was busy navigating my MP3 player shuffling for songs and my eyes weren't on the road.
When I was halfway through to the other side of the road, suddenly I noticed some cars on my left and they felt near.
I turned my head, and to my horror, they were SO CLOSE to me.
SO CLOSE!
like an arm's length that close.
One biker whose distance was the closet to me went, 'wah lao..'
I apologised and ran to finish the remaining distance to the other side.
I almost lost my life, ohmygosh.
I was suddenly reminded of scenes from FD4 when I saw how close those cars were to me and what would have happened if they really knocked me down.
Chunks of meat, yucks.
HAHA, okay I'm exaggerating but still, that was a horrifying way to kick off my day!
Oh well, still very traumatized..
and thank God i'm still alive. :)
Hugs, cookies & kisses,
xuexue | 8:51 AM